Published on: Oct 9, 2023
PDO thread lift procedure effectively rejuvenates the face without surgery. PDO threads facial lift treatment represents cutting-edge technology for achieving a natural, youthful appearance through non-invasive thread lifting.
As a result, it offers shorter downtime, lower costs, reduced risks, and minimal post-treatment care. In this detailed article about Facial Thread Lift treatments, you’ll gain insights into the benefits, drawbacks, and results you can expect.
How effective is the PDO Thread Lift Procedure?
This PDO thread lift procedure effectively reverses the common signs of ageing, including wrinkles, sagging skin, deep creases, folds, and uneven skin texture. It can elevate and firm the skin, enhancing the contours of a sagging face, lifting cheeks or eyebrows, reducing the appearance of eye bags and laugh lines, and tightening loose neck skin. It can even raise the corners of the mouth and address smoker’s lines.
The non-invasive nature of this procedure delivers remarkable rejuvenation results with minimal discomfort and leaves no visible scars or incisions.
It is a structural process that uses nearly invisible threads beneath the skin to lift tissues to a more youthful position. It also smoothing out lines and wrinkles.
Moreover, the PDO threads lift procedure stimulates the skin’s collagen production and new skin cells as the body naturally responds to the threads, further enhancing the results.
Instead of thinking of it as a semi-surgical thread lift, PDO threads function more like a dermal filler, with the difference being that threads remain within the skin rather than an injectable solution.
What Exactly are PDO Threads?
PDO threads, short for Polydioxanone threads, are threads made from the material Polydioxanone. Cosmetic specialists use these threads for lifting purposes.
PDO spring threads are absorbable threads employed for skin tightening and rejuvenation. Polydioxanone (PDO) is the material of choice for these threads, common in medical sutures due to its biocompatibility. These threads stimulate collagen production, lift sagging skin, and improve the overall texture and firmness of the treated area.
“Spring threads” typically means PDO threads characterised by a coil or helical structure. These threads feature smaller barbs or cogs along their length, anchoring them within the skin to provide a lifting effect. The helics design boosts their lifting capabilities.
During the PDO spring thread procedure, a medical professional inserts these threads into the skin using a thin needle or cannula. Once inserted, it creates a scaffolding effect, lifting and supporting sagging skin. Over time, the threads gradually dissolve. However, their presence stimulates collagen synthesis, enhancing skin tightness and elasticity.
Facial Thread Lift advantages
PDO thread lift procedure offers several distinct benefits:
- Ultra-fine threads naturally break down within the body over 6-8 months, with natural results fading over approximately 18 months.
- The transparent material remains invisible within the skin.
- These threads lack cones, ensuring no tissue damage.
- They boast an excellent safety record, the same thread used in cardiac and other surgical sutures.
- The science behind the PDO thread lift procedure isn’t just about repositioning the skin; it also stimulates the body’s natural response to a “foreign body” by promoting collagen production and improving blood circulation, resulting in tissue contraction.
Now, let’s learn about the pros and cons of the PDO thread lift procedure.
- Enhances skin elasticity and texture naturally.
- Diminishes wrinkles.
- Brings a radiant glow to your skin tone.
- Creates well-defined facial contours.
- Rejuvenates and lifts, providing a youthful effect.
- Conceals prominent forehead veins.
- Redefines facial features.
- Addresses sagging or loose skin.
- PDO Thread Lifts can be uncomfortable during and after the procedure, causing pain and swelling.
- There’s a potential risk of infection or scarring at the insertion points.
- The results are not permanent and may require maintenance treatments over time.
Facial Thread Lift Results: What Can You Expect?
You may experience temporary side effects like swelling, bruising, or mild discomfort. It may take several weeks to months to fully witness the effects of PDO spring threads as your body ramps up collagen production and your skin continues to enhance.
We will schedule a follow-up appointment two weeks post-treatment to assess your progress.
We will conduct another review in one month. We have scheduled a final appointment for three months after your initial treatment. During your appointments, we’ll compare before and after photographs and provide a top-up treatment.
Most clients, typically aged between 25 and older, can benefit from this procedure as it addresses the effects of ageing, such as thinning tissues resulting from the breakdown of collagen and elastin.
We do not recommend this treatment for pregnant or breastfeeding mothers, individuals prone to keloid scarring, or those with active skin infections, open wounds, skin lesions, or autoimmune diseases. The Kensington Doctors holds complete CQC registration, allowing us to perform the PDO thread lift.